Scoil Chill Cleithe
• Our school is a Catholic school under the patronage of the Bishop of Ardagh & Clonmacnoise and as such must reflect a strongly Christian ethos, transmitting a philosophy of life inspired by belief in God. Our prime purpose is to direct the many energies of the school into a holistic vision of what it means to be human, created by God in his own image and likeness.
• Our school is a centre of formation – enabling each child to become aware of the dignity and value of each person. These values are based on love, justice and caring.
• Our school strives to provide its students with education for life and living. Every effort is made to provide a curriculum suitable to the abilities, aptitudes and interests of the children.
• It inspires to excellence in all things by nurturing high standards of discipline, punctuality and academic and sporting performances.
• In co-operation with the child’s home, it strives to assist in the development of the whole person, based on personal responsibility, respect for others, respect for property, respect for individual differences, views and opinions.
• It seeks to dismantle prejudices and assists children in dealing with conflict and differences.
We see our school, not as an institution but as a close knit community, where pupils, teachers, parents, management board and ancillary staff work together in an atmosphere of harmony, friendship and mutual respect. We recognise the parent as the child’s primary and principal educator and the teacher’s role as equal and complimentary.
1. To enable each child to lead a full life as a child.
2. To help each child to develop self-discipline and acceptable behaviour.
3. To help each child to think closely and act independently.
4. To cultivate in the child a sense of self-worth and belonging – thereby enhancing self-esteem.
5. To equip each child to avail himself/herself of further education.
6. To prepare him/her to live a full and useful life as an adult.
7. To ensure a sound social, moral and religious development.