We had a very busy October learning all about Explorers. We enjoyed discovering lots about Marco Polo, Christopher Columbus, Tom Crean, Amelia Earhart & Edmund Hillary.
Did you know that…
- Marco Polo’s favourite food was pasta.
- Tom Crean’s favourite ship was The Endurance
- Tom Crean has two mountains named after him – Mount Crean!
- Tom Crean owned a pub called The South Pole Inn in Annascaul, Co. Kerry.
- Amelia Earhart first saw a plane when she was just 10 years old.
- Amelia was the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean!
- She didn’t like tea or coffee!
Have a look at our fantastic projects to learn more!