We had great fun yesterday making fairy cakes! We used all of our knowledge of kilograms & grams to weigh the ingredients properly. We think that we really did a good job! If you would like to try making these at home just follow these simple instructions:
Fairy Cakes by Katie Gough (Rang IV)
What you need:
110g Butter or margarine (at room temperature)
110g of flour
110g of sugar
2tbsp of milk
1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Weigh sugar, butter & put in mixing bowl.
- Mix sugar and butter until creamy
- Add one egg, mix well
- Weigh flour and put into sieve. Add the flour to the mixture.
- Add vanilla and remaining egg. Sieve a little flour. Mix well
- Add the remaining flour and milk. Mix well. The mixture should be creamy and fall off the spoon.
- Spoon mixture into bun cases.
- Cook for 18-20 mins in oven.
- Decorate (optional)